Friday 29 December 2006

The Malt Shovel, Horsham 14th December 2006

Went down to Horsham again to play in the monthly session at the Malt Shovel.

This time I was determined to keep a track of all the beers I tasted.

Brakspear bitter (3.5%): Tasted a lot better than it did last time I was here (see 2nd December entry) but still not the greatest beer.
Fullers London Pride (4.1%): Surprisingly pleasant, flowery tasting bitter.
Timothy Taylor Landlord (4.3%): Thinner and hoppier than the pride but with an excellent flavour. Sweet and pleasant.
Badger Tanglefoot (4.9%): This tasted tangy and over-flavoured, but still a decent pint.

I really wish I knew why sometimes most of the beer here is very good and sometimes it's really bad. Luckily today was a good day. The session was good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment