Thursday 23 November 2006

The Moon Under Water, Balham 21st November 2006

Again, the post evening class drink took place at the local Wetherspoon’s. After last week’s delightful beer I was hopeful of a good pint.

Oakleaf Piston Porter (4.6%): Being a bit of a porter fan I thought I’d give it a go. It was a pleasing tasty pint although opinions differed as to whether the liquorice the pump clip advertised could be tasted.
Marston’s Pedigree (4.5%): Served cloudy, obviously the dregs of the barrel. Why the bar staff sold it I have no idea. Was sent back and exchanged for Greene King Abbot which I didn’t feel the need to taste.

Once again the beers suffered from being kept too cold. This pub’s beer quality seems to vary widely and unfortunately this wasn’t one of its better days. Strange choice of month for Christmas decorations, in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment