Wednesday 15 November 2006

The Moon Under Water, Balham 14th November 2006

Back to this Wetherspoon's for a few drinks after an evening class in Balham. Luckily my companions allowed me to sample their beers, as my first pint was so good I had to have more of the same.

Titanic Iceberg (4.1%): Beautiful, tasty, refreshing, light-coloured beer. Lovely! The best beer I've tasted in this pub. Possibly the best beer I've ever had at a Wetherspoon's. The only complaint was that it was served too cold.
Wychwood Dog's Bollocks (5.2%): Standard bitter with an overbearing and unnecessary level of alcohol. Otherwise very pleasant although again too cold.
Shepherd Neame Spitfire (4.5%): Good tasting bitter with a caramel flavour. A decent pint but not good enough to stop me drinking the Iceberg.

A brief word with the barman on leaving about the temperature of the beers resulted in him agreeing with us and saying that they were planning on "turning the temperature up". As this is the chain which advertises "the coldest beer in town" on its pint glasses, I'm not holding my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment