Wednesday 15 November 2006

The Crown and Greyhound, Dulwich Village 11th November 2006

I was working in the area and was persuaded to stop for a beer or three at this rather pleasant pub. I've been there before, but only in the summer when the beer garden is open.

Of several real ales available, I was able to try just two. I also sampled some Leffe.

Young's Winter Warmer (5.0%): a very tasty pint although kept too cold for my liking.
InBev Leffe Blonde (6.6%): tastes like Leffe, really, what can I say? Maybe I shouldn't have included it! Great if you like this sort of thing.
Caledonian Deuchars IPA (3.6%): Tasted a bit weak and watery after the stronger beers but nevertheless fruity and pleasant. Good but not special.

A good atmosphere, and although it wouldn't be to everyone's taste with a large part of the pub set out as a restaurant, there are different areas all with direct access to the bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment