Wednesday 25 April 2007

Under the Hammer, Aberdeen 17th April 2007

Next door to the Globe, from the outside (and from the description in the old Good Beer Guide) this "city basement bar" was not very appealing.

An outside staircase led down to a large square room of tables with a bar along the far end, hence the limited photo opportunities.

Inveralmond Ossian Ale (4.1%): Tasty well kept golden beer.
Caledonian Deuchar's IPA (3.8%): Slightly better than I expected (although I have no idea how a beer of this strength can be called an IPA).

There were three real ales on (I didn't try the Spitfire) and even though I was English, the staff were very friendly and the place was welcoming.

I think the moral of this visit is don't be put off by the description in the GBG.

No comments:

Post a Comment