Monday 30 October 2006

The Jerusalem Tavern, Farringdon 26th October 2006

Went out at lunchtime to get some bottles of beer. The obvious place was the JT, a St Peter’s pub on Britton Street, round the corner from work. This used to be a regular haunt, so I know the beer’s good and I know they sell bottles.

So I ended up buying a mixed case of 12 – well it was the cheapest way and I’ll try and keep a record of what I think of them.

In the meantime I couldn’t resist the tempting barrels behind the bar, so had a small half (don’t tell my boss) of St Peter’s Mild (3.7%). And lovely it was too, a smooth taste backed up with an interesting flavour.

The barman was incredibly helpful in spite of my stream of questions and even the other customers were pleasant and chatty, a rare thing in a City pub at lunchtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment