Saturday 20 October 2007

The Britons Protection, Manchester 20th October 2007

Unprepossessing although not unpleasant on the outside, this pub is just stunning on the inside. This picture shows the front bar; the corridors have lovely tiling (if that’s your thing) but I’m not good enough at photography to show you those. This stunning interior is worth a visit even if you’re not into beer.

Coach House Farriers Best Bitter (3.9%): Very bitter yet creamy beer with a dense foamy head.
Howard Town Wren’s Nest (4.2%): A huge amount of elderflower and grapefruit in this immensely fruity flowery hoppy golden beer.

And if the décor and the good beer’s not enough, I counted 207 different types of whiskey behind the bar, although the bar man said they have 232. Maybe I lost count.

Although I spent 12 hours travelling for 5 hours in Manchester, I can’t help feeling that it was all worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment