Thursday 25 January 2007

The Malt Shovel, Horsham 11th January 2007

This was the fourth monthly music session I've been to at The Malt Shovel and the most disappointing. I frustratingly missed out on the Youngs Best which I wanted to try. Although lots of people in the pub were drinking it, it ran out before I got there.

Ringwood Best Bitter (3.8%): A decent bitter although in my opinion would benefit from being just a little stronger. Tasty.
Adnam's Broadside (4.7%): Full flavoured bitter but tastes a bit thin with no real hop flavour.
Adnam's Best Bitter (3.7%): The best beer of the evening. In my world this is how beer is supposed to taste although like the Broadside it could be a bit hoppier.
Brakspear Bitter (3.4%): A rather indistinct flavour but much improved since my last visit here. Pleasant.

By my count there were eleven musicians playing in the session this evening and while I was at the bar, the four-pint jug of complimentary beer went round, so I missed it. On previous occasions several jugs of beer have been forthcoming but this time the four pints didn't stretch too well over eleven people.

All the beers were served at a good temperature and the staff were very friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment