Tuesday 23 April 2013

The Royal Oak, Friday Street 23rd April 2013


St George's Day and a chance to go out and watch some morris dancing. It was a lovely summer's evening, just right for sitting outside with a beer.

Regular readers may be aware that a long time ago I had an issue at this pub, well I'm pleased to say that not only did I receive a warm welcome, but to my delight I discovered that the pub sells beer in thirds (a third of a pint measure) meaning of course that you can try more beers.  In spite of this I still didn't get through all of those on offer.

Privateer Roebuck (3.8%): Grapefruit flavour hop hit but otherwise quite ordinary. In not such a bad way.
Downlands Ruskin's Ram Best Bitter (4.0%): Lots of initial hop taste to this decent drink.
Downlands Devils Dyke Porter (5.0%): This was sweeter than I expected but very pleasant.
Kent Mauri (4.5%): An eye-opener. Very much in the style of an American Pale Ale but without the strength. An usual beer that impressed me.

A lovely evening at a lovely pub. I'm very pleased I visited.

No comments:

Post a Comment