Saturday 7 March 2009

The Three Legged Mare, York 7th March 2009

Just a few yards from the Minster, this York Brewery pub was uninspiring from the outside, but felt very welcoming and friendly once inside.  The bar staff were young yet knowledgeable about the beers, a rare combination.

York Wonkey Donkey (4.5%): Dark and smooth strong malty beer.
Tring Colley's Dog (5.2%): A distinctive mellow hop character to this strong deep red bitter.

Having run out of cash and not found a cash machine in the whole of York, I needed to pay by card and round up the price of a couple of halves to £5.  The "tapas" menu sufficed and I had the most delicious bowl of cheese cubes and pickled onions for just £2.50.

Probably my favourite pub of the day (in spite of the electric pink toilet walls).  I will definitely be back next time I'm in York.

No comments:

Post a Comment