Saturday 7 March 2009

The Blue Bell, York 7th March 2009

I almost didn't make it into this pub as it was covered in "Private Party" signs.  However having walked all the way across York (all of ten minutes) to get here, I went in anyway.  As I was on my own they let me into the small front bar which was full of locals.  I think the event must have been in the rear bar.

There was an impressive range of seven beers on offer, but after trying two I didn't want to outstay my welcome.


Ossett Silver King (4.4%): Pleasant, sweet, very pale golden ale.
Tetley Mild (3.3%): Delicious smooth and dark, not at all what I was expecting.  For the first time I'm convinced that sometimes pouring beer via a sparkler can be beneficial.

An interesting small pub with a wood panelled interior.  Well worth a visit but don't be disappointed if it's full and you can't get in.  The friendly barman who served me said that this is the only pub in York which regularly has mild.

No comments:

Post a Comment