Saturday 10 January 2009

The White Horse, Maplehurst 10th January 2009

My first surprise birthday party, and it was held in the small front bar at this excellent pub.


There were four real ales on so I decided to sample all of them, starting with the weakest and working my way up.


Hogs Back HBB (3.7%): A good standard session bitter.
Harvey's Sussex Best Bitter (4.0%): Not quite as good as earlier in the week, but still a fine pint.
King Old Ale (4.5%): Pleasant old.
Scattor Rock Devonian (4.5%): Sweet and fruity strong bitter, great on a cold winter's evening.

The open fire made the front bar very cozy, and once I got my head around what was happening it was a lovely evening. Lots of food was provided and I got an opportunity to ask for the gingerbread recipe (see post from 5th January). And as most of my close friends are musicians there were some tunes played, as well as fantastic cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment