Friday 16 November 2007

The BBC Good Food Show, Olympia 16th November 2007

Managed to get a press ticket to this popular event.

The drinks section was branded "The fine wines, beers and spirits show", and I was looking forward to visiting the stands and tasting some of those fine beers.

Unfortunately there were no real ales present; no breweries, no CAMRA, nothing relating to real beer.

So the beers mentioned in the logo? Well there were three lager stands: Kingfisher, Singha (Thailand) and Cusquena (Peru). These were interesting to compare (the Singha was quite good for mass produced lager) but I'm now wondering if the adjective "fine" applied only to the wine.

There were some good whiskies available to try, but as neither my ticket nor any pre-publicity I'd seen failed to mention that the food stands closed hours before the drinks section, I managed to miss the whole of that section.

Overall badly organised and a disappointment. I was very pleased I hadn't wasted the best part of £20 for a ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment